How to block the labs measurement system
APNIC Labs also publishes its measurement guidelines which govern the conduct of our experiments.
As a commitment to the community, Apnic Labs respects your
privacy. We do not publish details of individual web fetches or
the related URLs visited by anyone we measure. However, we
understand that some people online don't want to be
measured. Accordingly we honour two mechanisms to allow you to
stop being measured by the labs system
how to set "do not track" in your browser"
The following was taken from life hacker:
- Chrome: Open the Settings page and click "Show advanced settings." Scroll down to the Privacy section and select Do Not Track.
- Mobile Chrome: Open the Settings and then Privacy -> Do Not Track.
- Firefox: Select Preferences -> Privacy and check the box marked, "Tell websites I do not want to be tracked."
- Internet Explorer: Click the Tools button and then select Internet Options -> Advanced. Select "Always send Do Not Track Header."
- Safari: Select Preferences -> Privacy and check the box marked "Ask website not to track me."
- Opera: Select Preferences -> Advanced -> Security and select "Ask websites not to track me."